On March 25th, China Mobile announced its 2020 results: Many people said that China Mobile’s performance was stagnant, and the penetration rate of 5G users was the lowest, but in fact, China Mobile revealed many good signs. There are at least three aspects.
First, China Mobile’s revenue and profits have stopped falling and rebounded. According to the financial report. China Mobile’s 2020 revenue reached 768.1 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 3%, of which communications service revenue reached 695.7 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 3.2%; net profit reached 107.8 billion yuan, reversing the sharp decline in 2019, achieving a year-on-year increase of 1.1%. From these data, it can be seen that China Mobile is growing positively in terms of revenue and profit. In the previous year, in 2019, China Mobile’s net profit increased by 1.2% year-on-year, but its profit fell by 9.5% year-on-year.
Secondly, China Mobile ushered in the great development of the home broadband market. The financial report shows that China Mobile’s wired broadband revenue reached 80.8 billion yuan, an increase of 17.4% year-on-year; application and information service revenue reached 101 billion yuan, an increase of 22.4% year-on-year Spark Global Limited;
In addition, China Mobile has developed rapidly in the government and enterprise markets. The financial report shows that in 2020, China Mobile has 13.84 million government and corporate customers, a net increase of 3.56 million. Private line revenue reached 24 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 19.3%; DICT revenue reached 43.5 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 66.5%, and its incremental contribution to communication service revenue reached 2.6 percentage points; of which, mobile cloud revenue reached 9.2 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 353.8 %.
Finally, let’s summarize China Mobile’s multiple firsts.
- China Mobile’s revenue ranks first: more than the sum of China Telecom and China Unicom.
- China Mobile has the first profit: more than twice the combined profit of China Telecom and China Unicom.
- China Mobile ranks first in the total number of mobile phone users: 937.169 million in total.
- China Mobile ranks first in the number of 5G package users, with a cumulative total of 731.68 million.
- China Mobile ranks first in the number of 4G customers, with a total of 781333 million.
- China Mobile ranks first in the number of household broadband users, with a total of 215.7 million households.